Sudden severe pain and stiffening of the muscles that occurred and its duration from a few seconds to a few minutes, say cramps. Cramps can sleep or wake up, usually as a result of spasm and tighten the muscles occurs in the leg.Sometimes cramps may occur in the thigh or foot and toes.
What causes leg cramps
It is not always due to leg cramps, muscle spasms or may be due to several conditions, including:
- Injuries caused by exercise or too much pressure to the muscles during exercise.
- Pregnancy, cramps may result in a lack of calcium and magnesium, especially in the last few months may be due to loss of minerals such as calcium and magnesium in the body occur.
- Stay in air or cold water.
- Medical and health problems such as blood flow problems (peripheral arterial disease), kidney disease, thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis and.
- Standing on hard surfaces, or sitting or putting feet high and ornery during sleep mode.
- Calcium, potassium and other minerals in the blood.
- Moisture loss and dehydration.
- Taking certain medications such as anti-psychotic drugs, birth control pills, tablets, diuretics, stations, or steroids.
You may have to try several of the following ways to end your leg cramps, these roads include:
- Drag and muscle massage.
- Warm shower or put on muscle towel.
- Use ice (always a piece of cloth between your skin and the ice).
- Authorized painkillers such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen. Before taking pills from a lack of drug interactions or harmful to your health research.
- If you go to a doctor and prescribed a medication for you, take it.
- Drink fluids.
- Walk or jiggle feet.
- Drag leg muscles, you can do this stretch while standing or sitting.
The following is a statement we make recommendations that may help you prevent cramps or muscle spasms:
- Drink a lot of water and other liquids, so that the color of your urine is light yellow or clear like water.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine intake to slow or stop.
- Healthy food rich in calcium, potassium and magnesium consumption (especially if pregnant).
- Or ride a bike or use stationary bikes.
- Bedtime and before and after exercise, exercise.
- Pressure Your exercise exalt a time.
- Of multivitamin use.
- Syrup vitamin B complex to use.
- If you are taking medication prescribed by a doctor for you and you think you cramp because of its use, consult with your doctor about it.
- If your self-medication, and have suffered from cramps, talk to your doctor about drugs and their successors.
Chronic muscle spasms
If your cramps are frequent or severe, see your doctor, this may be because of cramps, restless leg syndrome is.